Coaching Travel Teams
What do you need to become a travel coach or assistant travel coach? Please see the following information from the Ontario Soccer OS Coaching Requirements
Travel and Competitive Teams
- Competitive U13-U18 - Head Coaches and Assistant Coaches
- Soccer for Life + Respect In Sport/Soccer + Making Ethical Decisions + Making Headway (Concussion Course)
- Developmental League- Head Coaches and Assistant Coaches U9-U12
- Must have Learn to Train (or Soccer for Life) + Making Ethical Decisions + Respect in Sport/Soccer + Making Headway
- Recreational League- Head Coaches and Assistant Coaches U13 and Up
- Must have Soccer for Life + Making Ethical Decision + Respect in Sport/Soccer + Making Headway
Orillia Soccer covers the cost of coach training courses. Find out more by contacting Orillia Soccer.
Application to travel out of district and list of Tournaments and Exhibitions games:
Course information and links:
- Respect in Soccer (RiS) - Respect in Soccer Portal
- Making Ethical Decisions (MED) - MED Course Listings
- Soccer for Life (S4L) - Soccer for Life Course Listings
- Active Start, FUNdamentals and Learn to Train - Course Listings
- Making Headway Concussion Course -Making Headway
Link to forms for players to play up a division:
9. Call Ups
A. Teams may only use call ups from their own club for U13 – senior. Call ups may be used provided:
1. The player is a recreational player at the same age group or younger.
2. The player is a competitive player in a younger age group.
3. The player is a competitive player in the same age group at a lower level.
4. The player has not already played in six games as a call up for the team in the current season.
5. Not more than three players are being called up for any one team, in any game.
6. They are not being used in a Cup Game
7. All call ups must carry a validated OSA player book
8. A player who has been suspended for one or more games in league play shall, not be permitted to play in any league games until suspension has been served.
9. Teams may not use players from another club under any circumstances.
10. A player registered to a club after August 1st will not be eligible to play in a HDSL Game as a registered player or call up.
11. Violations of Section 9 could result in forfeiture of game and fine.