Wet Field Policy
In an effort to avoid injury to players and/or damage to the athletic fields, the following will apply to all City of Orillia owned/operated athletic fields. Athletic fields will be considered unplayable if the following conditions exist:
- Pooling of water on the surface of the athletic field.
- Poor/slippery footing caused by water soaked surface including clay infields and turf areas.
- Water sponging up around one’s feet when walking on the athletic field.
- Weather conditions such as lightning, thunderstorms or heavy rains.
- Recent weather patterns of significant rain.
If any of the above conditions occur, the athletic field will be considered “unplayable” and the booking cancelled.
If a permit holder arrives at an athletic field and these conditions exist or if these conditions develop during the course of a booking, they are not permitted to play/continue on the athletic field.
The permit holder is responsible to recognize the unplayable conditions and if they choose to ignore them:
- The permit holder could be held liable and responsible for accidents, or injuries incurred because of unsafe conditions.
- The permit holder will be required to pay for all damages to the athletic field arising from abuse to the facility.
- The permit holder may have their permit suspended or revoked for any future use of an athletic field.
|Wet Field Procedure|